Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Axe: Slogan (Scent of Attraction)



For my product I chose Axe body spray. I did not choose a specific scent from the Axe brand, I will be advertising simply as Axe body spray. Axe is leader in the world market for men body spray. I chose Axe because I am a fan of their elaborately thought out commercials for all their products. Axe body spray has been in the market nearly 30 years and is a senior compared to its major competitors (Tag and Old Spice Body Spray). “The tagline is the catchphrase that conveys the brand or group's benefit or spirit and expresses an umbrella theme or strategy for a campaign or a series of campaigns; it also is called a claim, end line, slogan, or strap line”. ( Landa 102) Axe’s current slogan is, “The Axe Effect”. My slogan for my Axe commercial will change it to, “Scent of Attraction”. I chose this slogan because I personally am not a huge fan of the current one. Ads promote, remind, endear, inform, and call people to action. (Landa 192) I feel as if the slogan does not say much to the ad’s spectator. A large portion of Axe’s ads for its body spray depict a male character spraying on Axe spray and against reality, women exposed to the scent, in lack of a better term, throw themselves at the male character. I do enjoy the way they go about their commercials and I will be going off of that idea for my commercial. But the current slogan just doesn’t cut it for me, it seem to me as a vague statement that does encourage its spectators. If for any reason the ad concept is not fully communicated, the tagline can clarify or round out the communication”. (Landa 102) I believe that my new slogan will add more to the ad, by supporting what the ad it is depicting by communicating what the product will support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment