Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Axe: The Big Idea


As I have stayed in my past blog, Axe, Old Spice, and Tag have very similar SWOT analysis and target markets. “Advertising that is off brand is a potential marketing hazard.” (Landa 50) In my Axe body spray commercial I will keep similarities from their past campaign. For example, women being helplessly attracted to the scent of Axe.  But I will be switching up the setting and age of the characters in the spot. With this spot I will market toward older males, I will attempt to expand Axe’s current client base. I will be market toward males ages 24 – 34, I do not intend on ending Axe’s current campaign. With my campaign I will be revamping their current tagline and starting a separate campaign for the new intended target market. Learning about your client's business (general industry or sector and particular business, product, service, or organization) is paramount. Being a creative professional in advertising necessitates learning about each product, service, or cause under assignment.” (Landa 15) After looking up Axe’s SWOT analysis, I have found essential to make Axe and my campaign succeed in this specific market. Axe currently is leader in the body spray market. It’s major competitors are Old Spice and TAG body spray; both Procter & Gamble trademarks. After much reflection on the data and material you have gathered, you develop the direction your solution(s) will take.” (Landa 17) The goal of this campaign will be to increase my client’s (Axe) success by changing the direction of their marketing to expand their target market. “Factors other than branding contribute to a brand's success, including the quality of its product or service, public perception and enthusiasm, relevance to people's lives, the time period and culture”. (Landa 49) I'll be working on relevance, time period, and culture to connect with the newly acquired market. Axe’s is depicted as a necessity to attract women, why would men ages 24 – 34 have interest in purchasing such an item? Men in this age rage are not only bachelors but also divorcees. The divorce rate in America is at a staggering 50% of all marriages, according to DivoreRate. The highest percentage of divorce consists of men in the age rage 24 – 34 years old. This commercial will be marketed for older men trying to get back in the “game”.

No comments:

Post a Comment