Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Week 5 EOC



Overview: One of my favorite super bowl ads is the VW’s The Force. The spot tells the story of a small child (or possibly an adult) wearing a Darth Vader consume. The child is going about the house trying to use “the force” to control objects and even his dog. Toward the end of the spot a man pulls into the driveway of the home in a 2012 VW Passat, the child then heads out to the driveway to attempt to use the force on the Passat. To his surprise he succeeded.. Well you guys well have to watch it to understand.  Google it or just hit play above!

Conclusion: I felt that the ad was intended for family audiences. The child made the ad cute, I would probably have to say that was for the women. The car is elegant with a slight hint of sporty. The fact that a man wearing a suit came out of the car and greeted his wife (possibly), well I would have to say that is for men. If this male professional, that looks average (not too stunning) is driving this Passat than why can’t I an average American. I also feel that the child’s playfulness may even reach out to the children watching the ad. Feels like an all around ad if in my opinion. I’m always a fan of Volkswagen’s mellow simplicity essence.

No comments:

Post a Comment